Restio Cottage is situated on the Bainskloof Pass and is an eclectically decorated cottage with 2 bedrooms en-suite.
It has a front verandah from where you can gaze at the views of surrounding mountains and stars. Try and spot one of our rescue tortoises which have been released in and around this cottage.
It also has a private and secluded covered patio area at the back with a built in braai where you can eat and drink to your hearts content with friends, family and loved ones.
Cook up a storm, drink, eat and relax or for the more energetic, hike up to Bushman’s Cave and take a shower under the waterfall or do another of the hikes on the Estate. Take or Fauna and Flora booklet with you and try to spot some of the amazing species we are fortunate to have at Bastiaanskloof.
Take a stroll down to the river and have a swim and relax on the grass or deck next to the river.
In Winter, light a roaring fire and read one of the books or magazines in the cottage (one of the owners has a bit of a magazine obsession so plenty of the latest ones around…).
If you are looking for a more affordable option our Restio accommodation is they place to stay. The Restio cottage is situated on the Bainskloof Pass Road but do not let this scare you off. This road is extremely quiet at night and you will still have our 2500 hectare private nature reserve at your disposal to make you feel like you are nestled in your own private haven.
- 2 bedrooms en-suite, both with queen size beds (single beds available on request)
- Toiletries and Cleaning products supplied
- All linen and bath towels supplied
- Fully equipped kitchen including a stove, hob, fridge and microwave
- Coffee, tea, milk and sugar
- Fireplace with wood supplied
- Weber Braai and built in braai
- Front verandah and back covered built in braai area
- Water is supplied from 2 boreholes and then triple filtered so is very safe (and delicious to drink)
- Access to the river pools and hiking trails on the estate
Tariffs are quoted
- In South African Rand
- Per cottage per night
- Exclusive of VAT
- Subject to Availability
All tariffs are quoted subject to change, without prior notice.
- Supply of wood
- All linen and bath towels
- Toiletries and cleaning products
- Tea, coffee, milk and sugar
- Fully equipped Kitchen
- Smeg Gas Oven and Hob
50% deposit is required to confirm your booking, immediately and payment in full should be made not later than 7 days prior to arrival to confirm your booking. Please fax or e-mail us payment confirmation.
Cancellations made no less than 7 days prior to arrival will be refunded in full. We reserve the right to charge a 50% cancellation fee should a cancellation occur less than 7 days prior to arrival.
Keys will be available at the property for you to collect.
Transfers are available on request.
Bastiaankloof is situated 101km from Cape Town, approximately one and a half hours drive away. See The Map